flowing from the mountains
In search of its destiny,
the sea...
In the moments of weakness
at the rear of the arrogant peaks,
the hills mourned like ghosts
isolated and still.
Like an unseen tear
and a hopeless dream
in the heart of the mountain
I am born of pain.
and a hopeless dream
in the heart of the mountain
I am born of pain.
The mountains’ inconceivable wish
to flow and to fly
is an instinct on which I survive
justifying the pride I inherit.
to flow and to fly
is an instinct on which I survive
justifying the pride I inherit.
There rests the unquenchable thirst
Am I cursed or the blessed one?
The truth remains secret
yet somewhat pristine.
Am I cursed or the blessed one?
The truth remains secret
yet somewhat pristine.
The quest of my being
keeps me restless and moving
the river in me wants the sea
In search of my destiny.
keeps me restless and moving
the river in me wants the sea
In search of my destiny.
Lovely piece - There is a poet in you too
ReplyDeleteHappy to see, you write verse after a long long time.
ReplyDeleteThe river always rushes down the turbulence of mountains and calms down in the plains. But in the process it carries fertility to the plains, which it is completely unaware of. The destiny of river is sea, but the purpose of river is civilisation. :)