Thursday, November 14, 2013

To the inner child :)

Today I asked myself, ‘Did you really grow up?”  The question made me think what actually growing up is? From a girl, I became a woman, then a mother. I am a professional and am responsible for my own self. From being taken care of, now I am able to take care of my family. So, I think I am grown up as per the parameters of the world. 

On a second thought, I looked at my inner self, and bingo! Dil toh bachcha hay jee! Because I still love balloons and teddy bears. I still dream of a room full of soft toys and bears and balloons as my birth day present. I believe that someday it will happen. I love watching fairy tales and secretly believe them as real. I still love to scare family and friends around with an abrupt “bhow!!” I still love superhero comics and movies. I still love to steal tamarind pickle mainly because mom asked me not to have it for health reasons. I still love to play see-saw and slides, children’s amusement parks are the destinations I equally enjoy. I still love it when my mother feeds me with her own hand, scolds me for not eating properly. The list is a long one.

I am full of sweet-sour-bitter-hot experiences of life. The world around me has changed a lot, but it could not change everything within me. I am happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I can still enjoy things which many have stopped enjoying. Sad because I really take too much time to understand worldly affairs and find myself at loss. But at the end of the day, I don’t really mind!

My son, Moktaavya. He is a six-year old admirable creation, a source of never-ending joy.
He has been a peace-loving kid throughout. May be because he never had to share and always got what he wanted. But he would give easily and not fight for things every other child fights. But I see that he has developed a competitive mentality recently regarding his grades and marks. He lives in an imaginary world where Chhota Bheem, Raju, Chutki, Ben10 are living reality. Whenever I am talking to him, he says, “Give my phone number to them and ask them to call during weekends. Okay!” I did not like the idea of showing him the reality; rather I agreed to share his number. He asks me whether they visit me in Mumbai. I say yes they do. I told him that we would be meeting them when he would be at home for vacation.

Now, I really am going to find a place where he will be able to meet these Chhota Bheem series characters. I’ll let him unfold the reality on his own. But hey, don’t you think my son is being way too na├»ve for his age? I have seen that kids of his age are far more mature in understanding worldly matters. Although the mother inside worries when she compares, but the human inside me says he is perfect! He is far more imaginative compared to his peers. I love that about him. Albert Einstein said, “Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.” Moktaavya is free to travel everywhere. As the knowledge he will eventually obtain, will limit him; whereas his very own imagination will help him create his unique reality.

Childhood is said to be the best part of a human life, because at that time we have more receptive brain, active with imagination, a fresh perception to everything around. During childhood we learn to accept or reject our own self. That’s how childhood leaves the deepest impact on a human life to decide and control his character and destiny. And that child remains within us unnoticed all along, till death.  Whenever we stop, it helps us move on without letting us know. The inner child remains forever. If you have not met that child recently, it’s time to do so! Happy Children’s Day!


9 comments:

  1. "Dil toh bachcha hay jee! Because I still love balloons and teddy bears. I still dream of a room full of soft toys and bears and balloons as my birth day present. I believe that someday it will happen. I love watching fairy tales and secretly believe them as real. I still love to scare family and friends around with an abrupt “bhow!!” I still love superhero comics and movies. I still love to steal tamarind pickle mainly because mom asked me not to have it for health reasons. I still love to play see-saw and slides, children’s amusement parks are the destinations I equally enjoy. I still love it when my mother feeds me with her own hand, scolds me for not eating properly. The list is a long one."

    ultimate bliss! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Paro....... true Dil toh Bachcha hai Jee!! and yes, do not think your son is naive..... he knows in his heart that those characters do not exist but he does not want to believe it....give him time and he would..... as you said you still love fairy tales and think them true...... so he has taken after his Mom!! love to him and to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks San! The mother in me needed this reassurance. :D

      Delete
  3. paromita, after a long time you make me rediscover the child inside me.... i can relate to whatever you experience. you know what? i also feel the same way but it all go unnoticed.... the child inside us always go unnoticed as we grow older. and sometimes, we are not allowed to entertain that child inside us. but deep down, your heart knows what you feel. indeed great thoughts you have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you say you're not allowed to entertain? It's you who decide what to do. So find a way to unleash the lil one in you. Because she is the 'bestest' best friend (remember the childhood phrase!) you'll ever have! :D

      Thanks for the appreciation! :D

      Delete
  4. Just stumbled upon your blog. Loved what you wrote. You reiterate what a lot of us go through. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for submitting a comment! Please visit more often and share your thoughts. :)