Every time I come to know about another case of rape, brutal or otherwise, this is the first thought that crosses my mind. Should prostitution be legalized?
I never wrote a single Facebook status regarding rape incidents, not even shared any message. May be I found it too futile or maybe I had nothing to say. Today, when I decided to share my thoughts, let me tell you that this write-up is neither an attempt to voice my repulsion towards the loathsome series of brutal rapes in the country, nor I’m going to dig out the minds of the rapists to understand the ‘why’s behind their satanic actions. The collective contempt of the entire nation toward the outrageous events could not stop rape. Well-known psychiatrists discussed the issue, social activists were interviewed by the prime TV channels, broadcasted during prime-times to shoot up the TRP, news papers published many columns to come up with a theory behind increasing incidents of rape in the country…. all said and done. High time, we should come up with a solution to this problem.
If I were to decide, I would have given command for shoot-at-sight in case they‘re caught red-handed, when convicted, nothing but death sentence. And how they die, should depend on public opinion. But this is not going to happen in our so-called socialist country.
So, here I come up with an idea. Legalize prostitution and give it a status of systematic and salaried profession.
My arguments for this proposition:
- Unlike the Sanatan Hindu culture, if you go back to history, you’ll find that Semitic cultures and beliefs have always suppressed human sexuality, and portrayed it as a sin. The whole world is completely influenced by Semitic culture and beliefs. Any natural instinct or behavior, when suppressed or stopped from flowing normally, causes distortion of its original condition or form. As a result, that suppressed instinct finds an unusual route to express itself and demonstrates itself as ‘abnormal’ and ‘unacceptable’. Rape is such an outcome of such action. (Remember, we still are not allowed to express and talk about sex, though we can’t live without it. Hypocrisy! )
- Kamasutra, the science of pleasure in sex, is more than the description of position for sex and achieving orgasm. Our ancient sages, who actually were scientists, knew the role of carnal desire or libido in human mind and how this affected human behavior on social and interpersonal relationships. In Vedic era, prostitution was known to be legal.
- Prostitution becomes systematic, and the women, willing to be prostitutes, are provided with the knowledge of human sexuality and fulfilling desire including scientific and psychological part of it. Men are provided with the knowledge of their own sexuality with complete transparency. With the help of the trained prostitutes, they learn to understand their behavior, control it when necessary, enjoy and explore their own sexual side.
- In case of uncontrollable or distorted libido, (chances will be very low if point #2 is already being followed) those guys with this problem may visit trained prostitutes and satiate their dark fantasies. Venting out has always worked as a successful therapy for innumerable mental problems.
- The government will be earning the major chunk of yearly tax from such organizations.
These are my arguments in support of legalizing prostitution. Please share your thoughts, in support or against this proposition. I’ll be waiting to hear from you.